Sunday 22 May 2011

Being a War Correspondent is Fun! And I don't like John Monash >:(

During my time as a war correspondent, not only did I write articles, I also carried messages and retrieved wounded soldiers from the battlefield.

In early May, I travelled to Cape Helles for the Second Battle of Kirthia. During this battle I travelled to all the way to the starting line, under shrapnel fire the whole way! It’s a ghastly experience, watching your fellow soldiers fall all around you and knowing that the only way you can help them now is to carry on running.

During my time at war, I made many friends (and lost many too). One of my closest confidants during WWI was Private Arthur Bazley. He was assigned to me at a batman, in Gallipoli and then again on the Western Front. Arthur was a loyal and hard working batman, and our friendship remained untouched even after the war ended.

As a war correspondent, I had quite a lot of influence over people. Some people admired my work as they believed it was highly informative, yet also charged with emotion and feeling. Although, it did take me a while to reach that status (as when I started my journey in WWI, people were not very fond my work, to this day, I can still not figure out why on Earth they wouldn’t….).

I DON’T LIKE JOHN MONASH! Because I am racist, and he was Prussian-Jewish. He was also not my view of the ideal, typical Australian man that I was writing about in my dear, dear history of the war.
>:(

P.S:
These views are of Charles Bean’s opinions, and not Hilary, Masha or Rebecca’s.
Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment